Tags: covers, drugs, eye, eyelid, farther, guys, health, medications, optical

Eyelid problem

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Optical & Eye Health

4,468 words with 11 Comments; publish: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 23:51:00 GMT; (90077.15, « »)

Hey guys i've been having this problem with my eyelid. My right eyelid goes farther down and covers my eye more than my left eyelid does. Also this is kind of hard to explain but my right eyelid also sometimes gets stuck for a second when I blink when its opening the eye again. Like it doesn't open all the way and I have to try to open my eyes wide and then it will be open almost all the way besides the fact that its still lower than the other side. The part were my eyelid gets stuck when I blink doesn't always happen and usually it happens in the morning and will go away later in the day but it seems to happen almost everyday and just recently it started to happen to my other eye. It also seems like if I get more sleep like on a weekend it won't happen as much or at all. I do wear contacts and have been wearing them for a few years and never have had any of the problems I have mentioned until recently. I'm still pretty young so I dont see how it could be something with aging. Well any advice of what is it or what I could do I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 11 Comments
    • Hello, B-Ball. Well, we could consider putting that eyelid on a diet, but that would miss the mark.:) It sounds like really, the eyelids may be swelling some, possibly from allergies, if it's worse in the a.m. Might not hurt to see your eye Dr. to see if you may have some allergies working. It could be a touch of blepharitis too. Alamast is a good allergy eye drop, but main thing would be, if it was me, let the doc take a look at those swelling lids. Hope you're better soon & that this helped.

Tony

#1; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:47:00 GMT
    • Thanks a lot for the help. Swelling definitley sounds like something it could be, not sure if its from allergies or what but I think swelling might be it. I'll try to see a doctor and see if they can help me. Thanks again.
      #2; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:48:00 GMT
    • Not a prob!;)
      #3; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:49:00 GMT
    • can't you take a pic of ur eyes ?
      #4; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:50:00 GMT
    • lol Do you want me to?

I was also wondering if there is any possiblity that it could be my eye that has moved upward and that its not my eyelid. At one time this was fine so I dont know if my eye can actuley move but its really hard to tell if its my eyelid or my actuley eye. Thanks again

#5; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:51:00 GMT
    • Hold both your lids up and see if your pupils are even. Better still, ask somebody else. It's probably just your lid. There are cranial nerve palsies that can cause a lid to droop and an eye to drift. Get it checked out by the doc who prescribes your contacts.

Torre

#6; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:52:00 GMT
    • Yea my pupils are the same size as far as I can see. And yea I think it is my eyelids, its just sometimes they look like they are the same but I think its a very small droop or whatever it is so thats why its hard to tell sometimes.
      #7; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:53:00 GMT
    • bballnick52 :

Ptosis :

A drooping of the upper eyelid when the eyes are open; may occur in one or both eyes; may be constant or intermittent. If the condition is congenital, it is usually a failure of the levator muscle to develop. If the condition does not interfere with visual functioning and does not look cosmetically deforming, it is best left untreated. Surgical correction is possible when vision is threatened.

Hope this is helpful.

Eyes

#8; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:54:00 GMT
    • So if that was the case would it eventually go away if I didnt do anything about it?
      #9; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:55:00 GMT
    • bballnick52:

Ptosis (pronounced toe' sis), or drooping of the upper eyelid, may occur for several reasons such as: disease, injury, birth defect, previous eye surgery and age. In most cases, it is caused by either a weakness of the levator muscle (muscle that raises the lid), or a problem with the nerve that sends messages to the muscle.

The causes of ptosis are quite diverse. The symptoms are dependent on the underlying problem and may include:

Drooping lid (may affect one or both eyes)

Irritation

Difficulty closing the eye completely

Eye fatigue from straining to keep eye(s) open

Children may tilt head backward in order to lift the lid

Crossed or misaligned eye

Double vision

Ptosis does not usually improve with time, and nearly always requires corrective surgery by an ophthalmologist specializing in plastic and reconstructive surgery. In most cases, surgery is performed to strengthen or tighten the levator muscle and lift the eyelid. If the levator muscle is especially weak, the lid and eyebrow may be lifted.

Eyes

#10; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:56:00 GMT
    • Ok...thanks a lot for clearing that up.
      #11; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:57:00 GMT